If you haven’t yet started the Christmas eating frenzy you won’t be able to escape it for much longer. If, like me, you like to prepare tones of delicious food no matter the occasion, you will probably encounter the inevitable leftovers. I have found six easy recipes so the tasty uneaten food can be put to good use.
- Turkey and parsnip curry, no-fuss comfort food, can all be cooked in one pan
- Awesome dill roast chicken salad sandwich. An awesome snack anytime and a goodie for your work lunchbox, especially those working over the Christmas period
- Christmas pudding trifle. Yes, more dessert, because otherwise you’ll get sugar withdrawn symptoms 😉
- Salmon Kedgeree with butternut squash, parsnip and fennel. Have it with mimosas. Bringing the glam to your home a meal at a time
- Check out these mouth-watering ham-stuffed toms. A sure fave for picky eaters, apparently.
- Finally, I firmly believe a bit of baking is always good for the soul. Give it a go with this leftover veg and orange cake
But for now, let me just wish you all a very merry Christmas and an excellent time with your friends and family. Enjoy that Christmas banquet, it only comes once a year!
All images through links above. Credits to:
1. BBC Good Food, 2. Small Kitchen Chronicles, 3. Con Poulos, 4. Meeta K. Wolff Photography, 5. Taste of home, 6. BBC Good Food